This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 31st day of March, 1937, in accordance with request made by the Glad Helpers of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc. Present:
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Florence and Edith Edmonds, Esther Wynne, Hannah Miller, Margaret Wilkins, and Hugh Lynn Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 3:00 to 3:30 P. M.
1. GC: You will have before you the Glad Helpers, members of which are present here, and their study of the Book of Revelation. You will continue to answer the questions which have been prepared.
2. EC: Yes, we have the Glad Helpers, as a group, as individuals; and their study of Revelation, with that which has been given as respecting same.
3. In considering the study, the seeking of the Group as here, and that as has been given: The Book thus far, as has been given, is the study of the body, the mind, the soul; the physical body, its attributes; the mental body, its associations and attributes; the soul body and its attributes.
4. Now we have reached the point as implied by the book as eaten, the rod as given to John; that these understandings are now to be, and are, applied in the experience of the individual ENTITY - in its relationships to its fellow man. Rev. 10:10, Rev. 11:1
5. Hence we see in the symbolized form that as now gives place to the references as to the influences from without, that have had, do have, their influences upon these activative forces in the human experience - or the individual experience in this material life.
6. Now: In the study of the rest or the last half of the Revelation, we find this is referring to the application, the effect, the influence - and, as in the end, "Whosoever will may come, drink of the water of life and be whole in Him."
7. Ready for questions.
8. (Q) What is meant by the 2 witnesses mentioned in Rev. 11:3?
Are they the mental and emotional bodies of the soul of man?
(A) As has been made reference, now - the Book of Life has been eaten. It is in the mouth, sweet; in the belly (or the body), bitter.
This may be the interpretation then: the mental or the subconscious; but rather is it the CONSCIOUS PHYSICAL lives, or the attributes and the consciousness in the EXPERIENCE of the soul in the attributes of a physical consciousness!
Do not confuse self; and many of you are wondering just what it is. Then, as has been so oft given, all of this was recognized by John. Hence all of this is given in form, ritual, the emblems, what we may term numerology, astrology, and all the forms of the ancient wisdoms; yet it is represented by the activities of same upon a physical being.
As has so oft been given, an individual experience in the earth plane is motivated by that which arises from its sojourns in the influences of the consciousnesses outside of the physical being - or as ye would say astrologically the sojourn in the environ of Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Sun, Moon, and the constellations and those effects upon same - emotionally from the INNATE forces; AND by the EMOTIONAL effect from sojourns in the earth. Both of these are witnesses.
As the Book of Life then is opened, there is seen the effect of that which now has been attained by the opening of the system, the body, the mind; all of those effects that have been created by the ability of the entity to, in the physical, being attune self to the consciousness of being at-one with the divine within.
Now we see those in the material world using these influences for self-exaltation, self-indulgence, self-glorification; and yet we see those using same for the glory, the understanding, the knowledge, the wisdom of the Father.
These then are the witnesses. The innate and the emotional; or the spiritual-mental, the physical-mental; the subconscious, the superconscious.
9. (Q) Explain the symbol of the death of the 2 witnesses.
(A) As in the symbol of - Does the individual, unless - Let's illustrate by what has been given: The Master gave, "Before the world was, I AM! Now if ye abide in me and I in the Father, then I will bring to thy remembrance ALL THINGS - from the foundations of the world!"
Yet these are as dead, or the only consciousness that arises from same is that which is fanned into life or activity by the application of the laws concerning same. Hence they are
as dead, yet become alive again by remembrance, by the application of thought. In what? The light of that which has been attained by the entity or soul that has applied the former lessons in its experience.
10. (Q) What is meant by the "great city which is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified"?
(A) As has been so oft given, all places - as Egypt or Sodom or the Crucifixion, or the Lord - are conditions, circumstances, experiences, as well as individual places. Then in the minds of those who would attempt or that would seek knowledge, they represent their own experiences. Thus these to the people represent - Egypt, the release from bondage; Gomorrah, as a reckoning with sin - as the Lord was crucified there. As has been given, there has never been an experience when His Christ-mas, His death, His birth, wasn't an experience of the age, the people. Though it may go under many names, as an individual may be under many names, in many environs, there is one - ONE that ever comes as is shown in that later given as to those who have the name in the hand, in the head or in the forehead and the like; that is, what is the intent and purpose. Just as the Savior of the world, as Lord, as Christ - what do these as names indicate? That which is as a help in a time of trouble alone? or that to glory in, in thy joy, thy gladness, thy happiness? How many, O how many have there been that have laughed with God, that have wept with Jesus, that have gloried with the Christ! or rather has it been, "My happiness and my joy is of myself"?
No condemnation; but rather is there the pattern pointed to as was set by Him. He was ALL things to ALL men; rejoiced with those that did rejoice; He wept with those that wept. He was glad, He was happy, He was sorry, He kept the faith.
11. (Q) What is signified by the revival of these witnesses?
(A) How hath He given? "If ye meditate on these things, I will bring to thy remembrance all things." The reviving, the renewing, by the abilities of the soul to take hold upon the witnesses of the life itself! And what is life? God!
12. (Q) What is meant by the sounding of the 7th angel? How should time be interpreted as given?
(A) Remember, as has been given to him that was given a measure, as a mete, as a rod to measure heaven - as to how large his heaven would be. Alright! Then we have as to how much time - What is time? Is it a record merely of the events of self or of the glory of God? What is the extent of the glory of thy heaven or of thy God? This is as a reckoning. Yet as is shown by the indication of so many days, so many weeks, it is the INCLINATION of the individual mind in materiality to set (as was said of John) metes and bounds; and we judge from - How many days or years have ye set? Nineteen thrity-seven (1937) is what? And thy Lord has been continuous! yet ye say only 1937!
13. (Q) In Rev. 12 we find the symbols of the Woman, Dragon and Child. Do these represent the part played by souls in the creation and fall of man? Please explain the reference of these symbols.
(A) Rather is the reference given to show to the individual entity that from which or through which the soul in the earth has passed in its creation, its activity in the earthly sojourn, see?
For as we go on or interpret further we find: The war was in heaven, see? The woman - or the mother - earth; the source from which all materiality is to become a conscious thing - and these are brought forth.
Now, as is given, ye have reached to that understanding of thy perfection with God; how in materiality ye may attune the attributes of self.
Now, from what have ye arisen? These are emblems, significant of that as given as the name of Satan, the Devil, the Dragon or the like, through which man's rebellious forces arise, even though he has attained to the Book even itself in his body! And these are the experiences then to be met.
14. (Q) What is meant here by the war in heaven between Michael and the Devil?
(A) As has just been given, as is understood by those here, there is first - as is the spiritual concept - the spiritual rebellion, before it takes mental or physical form. This warring is illustrated there by the war between the Lord of the Way and the Lord of Darkness - or the Lord of Rebellion.
15. (Q) What is meant by the symbols of the wings of eagle given to the woman for escape and "the time and times and half a time"?
(A) This is as the entrance into or the flight from materiality into those influences through which the body may rest within itself; as physical, or the mental flight, or that to the astral forces as about its various changes. It is figurative of the transitions from the various spheres of mental experience; by the mind, the spiritual influences as arise - and are as the use of same. Remember, all of these should be then in accord with that ye have attained to, that the Book of Life is given thee. What is the Book of Life?
The record of God, of thee, thy soul within and the knowledge of same.
16. We are through for the present.
Page last modified on Friday 07 of August, 2009 06:06:04 MDT